Our Story & Mission
The history of the Oak Grove Church had it’s beginnings in 1853. Then, a group of individuals met in the Godfrey School House in Mercer County until the first church was built in 1862. The initial service held in that church was a funeral service for William Bland, a soldier killed in the first battle of the Civil War.
Our church received its name because when it was christened it was surrounded by a grove of oak trees, consequently the name Oak Grove was given. As a result of God’s blessing and provision, we began worshipping in our current church in March of 2005.
Our church theme “Knowing Christ and Making Him Known” has been and continues to be a driving force in ministry.
Oak Grove Church exists to:
- Evangelize the lost
- Edify the saved
- Minister to those in need
- Be a conscience in the community